Ceffyl a Charn is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Ceffyl a Charn may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and payment details
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To process your order and obtain payment
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 2018. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to us.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
The General Data Protection Regulation
Here we explain in detail the types of personal data Ceffyl a Charn Cyf may collect about you when you purchase from us. It also explains how we store and handle that data, and how we keep it safe.
Why might we collect your data?
The law on collection of data sets out a number of reasons for which a company may collect and process your personal data and we will make it clear what data we are collecting, such as
- Contractual Obligations; for example, you place an order with us for delivery to your home. We then collect your home address, and pass them to a third party courier, such as one of our couriers or the Royal Mail.
- Consent; for example, you opt-in to receive email newsletters from us. We then collect your email address.
- Legal Compliance; for example, we can pass on details of fraudulent purchases to law enforcement.
- Legitimate Interest; for example, we may use your purchase history to send you, or make available personalised offers. We also look at shopping history of many customers to identify trends such as popularity of designs/ colours etc. We may use your address to send you direct marketing information by post to tell you about products that we think may be interesting to you although this is unlikely. We may use your email address to remind you of items you left in your shopping basket – ‘abandoned basket’ emails
When do we collect your personal data?
- When you visit any of our websites, and use your account to buy products and services, or redeem vouchers on the telephone or online.
- When you make an online purchase and check out as a guest (in which case we just collect transaction-based data).
- When you create an account with us.
- When you abandon your shopping basket and have provided your email address.
- When you purchase a product from our office or by telephone but don’t have (or don’t use) an account.
- When you engage with us on any social media platforms.
- When you contact us by any means with queries, complaints etc..
- When you enter our prize draws or competitions
- When you ask one of our team to email you information about a product
- When you choose to complete any surveys we send you.
- When you comment on or review our products.
- Any individual may access personal data related to them, including opinions. So if your comment or review includes information about the member of our team who helped you, it may be passed on to them if requested.
- When you come to our premises where we have CCTV system operated for the security of both customers and our team. Your image vehicles and conversations may be recorded during your visit.
What sort of personal data might we collect?
- If you have an account with Ceffyl a Charn Cyf : your name, billing/delivery address, orders and receipts, email and telephone number. For your security, we’ll also keep an encrypted record of your login password.
- Details of your interactions with us through our website; for example colleagues may take notes from their conversations with you, details of any comments or complaints that you make, details of purchases you made, items added to your basket, web pages you visit and how and when you contact us.
- Details of your visits to our websites and which site you came from to ours.
- Personal details which help us to recommend items of interest, such as your preferred size.
- We’ll only ask for and use your personal data collected for recommending items of interest and to tailor your shopping experience with us. Of course, it’s always your choice whether you share such details with us.
- Payment card information.
- Your comments and product reviews.
- To deliver the best possible web experience, we collect technical information about your internet connection and browser as well as the country and ip address where your computer is located, the web pages viewed during your visit, the advertisements you clicked on, and any search terms you entered.
- Your social media username, if you interact with us through those channels, to help us respond to your comments, questions or feedback.
Why and How we collect your data
We want to give you the best possible customer experience when dealing with Ceffyl a Charn Cyf. One way to achieve that is to get the richest picture we can of who you are by combining the data we have about you. We then use this to offer you promotions and services that are most likely to interest you. The data privacy law allows this as part of our legitimate interest in understanding our customers and providing the highest levels of service.
Of course, if you wish to change how we use your data, you’ll find details in the ‘What are my rights?’ section below. Remember, if you choose not to share your personal data with us, or refuse certain contact permissions, we might not be able to provide some services you’ve asked for. For example, if you’ve asked us to let you know when an item comes back into stock, we can’t do that if you have withdrawn your general consent to hear from us. Here’s how we’ll use your personal data and why:
- To process any orders that you make by using our websites. If we don’t collect your personal data during checkout, we won’t be able to process your order and comply with our legal obligations. For example, your details will need to be passed to a third party to deliver the product that you ordered. We will keep your details for a reasonable period afterwards in order to fulfil any contractual obligations such as refunds, guarantees and so on.
- To respond to your queries, refund requests and complaints. Handling the information you sent enables us to respond. We may also keep a record of these to inform any future communication with us and to demonstrate how we communicated with you throughout. We do this on the basis of our contractual obligations to you, our legal obligations and our legitimate interests in providing you with the best service and understanding how we can improve our service based on your experience.
- To protect our business and your account from fraud and other illegal activities. This includes using your personal data to maintain, update and safeguard your account. We may also monitor your anonymous browsing activity with us to quickly identify and resolve any problems and protect the integrity of our websites. We’ll do all of this as part of our legitimate interest.
- To protect our premises from fraud and crime, we operate CCTV systems at our which records images and sound for security reasons . We do this on the basis of our legitimate business interests.
- To process payments and to prevent fraudulent transactions. We do this on the basis of our legitimate business interests. This also helps to protect our customers from fraud.
- If we discover any criminal activity or alleged criminal activity through our use of CCTV, fraud monitoring and suspicious transaction monitoring, we will process this data for the purposes of preventing or detecting unlawful acts. We aim is to protect the individuals we interact with from criminal activities.
- With your consent, we will use your personal data, preferences and details of your transactions to keep you informed by email, telephone or direct mail about relevant products and services including tailored special offers, discounts, promotions, events, competitions and so on.
Of course, you are free to opt out of hearing from us by any of these channels at any time.
- To send you communications required by law or which are necessary to inform you about our changes to the services we provide you. For example, updates to this Privacy Notice, product recall notices, and legally required information relating to your orders. These service messages will not include any promotional content and do not require prior consent when sent by email or text message. If we do not use your personal data for these purposes, we would be unable to comply with our legal obligations.
- To display the most interesting content to you on our websites, we may use data we hold about your favourite products and so on. We do so on the basis of your consent for our website to place cookies or similar technology on your device. For example we might display a list of items you’ve recently looked at, or offer you recommendations based on your purchase history.
- To administer any of our prize draws or competitions which you enter, based on your consent given at the time of entering.
- To develop, test and improve the systems, services and products we provide to you. We’ll do this on the basis of our legitimate business interests. For example, we’ll record your browser’s Session ID to help us understand more when you leave us online feedback about any issues you may be having.
- To comply with our contractual or legal obligations to share data with law enforcement.
- To send you survey and feedback requests to help improve our services. These messages will not include any promotional content and do not require prior consent when sent by email. We have a legitimate interest to do so as this helps make our products or services more relevant to you.
Of course, you are free to opt out of receiving these requests from us at any time by updating your preferences in your online account.
How we protect your personal data
We know how much data security matters to all our customers. With this in mind we will treat your data with the utmost care and take all appropriate steps to protect it.
We secure access to all transactional areas of our websites and apps using ‘https’ technology.
Access to your personal data is password-protected, and sensitive data (such as payment card information) is secured by SSL encryption.
Who do we share your personal data with?
We sometimes share your personal data with trusted third parties. For example delivery couriers, for fraud management, and with specific IT companies
Here’s the policy we apply to those organisations to keep your data safe and protect your privacy:
- We provide only the information they need to perform their specific services.
- They may only use your data for the exact purposes we specify in our contract with them.
- We work closely with them to ensure that your privacy is respected and protected at all times.
- If we stop using their services, any of your data held by them will either be deleted or rendered anonymous.
Examples of the kind of third parties we work with are:
- IT companies who support our website and other business systems.
- Operational companies such as delivery couriers.
- Direct marketing companies who help us manage our electronic communications with you.
- Google and or Facebook to show you products that might interest you while you’re browsing the internet. This is based on either your marketing consent or your acceptance of cookies on our websites.
- Data insight companies to ensure your details are up to date and accurate.
We do not share your data with third parties for their own purposes.
- For fraud management, we may share information about fraudulent or potentially fraudulent activity in our systems. This may include sharing data about individuals with law enforcement bodies.
- We may also be required to disclose your personal data to the police or other enforcement, regulatory or Government body, in your country of origin or elsewhere, upon a valid request to do so. These requests are assessed on a case-by-case basis and take the privacy of our customers into consideration.
- We may, from time to time, expand, reduce or sell our business or part of it and this may involve the transfer of divisions or the whole business to new owners. If this happens, your personal data will, where relevant, be transferred to the new owner or controlling party, under the terms of this Privacy Notice.
- For further information please contact our Data Protection Officer.
To help personalise your journey through our websites we currently use the following companies, who will process your personal data as part of their contracts with us:
Where your personal data may be processed
Sometimes we will need to share your personal data with third parties and suppliers outside the European Economic Area (EEA), such as Australia or the USA to enable the delivery of your goods for example.
If you are based outside the UK and place an order with us, we will transfer the personal data that we collect from you to the relevant third parties to ensure you will receive your goods, or to enable us to process your payment, for example.
Protecting your data outside the EEA
The EEA includes all EU Member countries as well as Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway. We may transfer personal data that we collect from you to third-party data processors in countries that are outside the EEA.
If we do this, we have procedures in place to ensure your data receives the same protection as if it were being processed inside the EEA. For example, our contracts with third parties stipulate the standards they must follow at all times.
Any transfer of your personal data will follow applicable laws and we will treat the information under the guiding principles of this Privacy Notice.
What are your rights over your personal data?
An overview of your different rights
You have the right to request:
- Access to the personal data we hold about you.
- The correction of your personal data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete.
- For example, when you withdraw consent, or object and we have no legitimate overriding interest.
- That we stop using your personal data for direct marketing (either through specific channels, or all channels).
- That we stop any consent-based processing of your personal data after you withdraw that consent.
- You have the right to request a copy of any information about you that we may hold at any time, and also to have that information corrected if it is inaccurate. To ask for your information, please contact Customer Services – Data Compliance, Fferm YDdol Dinbych ,LL16 5H Cymru For email email@example.com To ask for your information to be amended, please update your online account, or contact our Customer Services team.
If we are unable to action your request we will explain to you the reasons.
Your right to withdraw consent
Whenever you have given us your consent to use your personal data, you have the right to change your mind at any time and withdraw that consent.
Where we rely on our legitimate interest
In cases where we are processing your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interest, you can ask us to stop for reasons connected to your individual situation. We must then do so unless we believe we have a legitimate overriding reason to continue processing your personal data.
You have the right to stop the use of your personal data for direct marketing activity through all channels, or selected channels. We must always comply with your request.
How can you stop the use of your personal data for direct marketing?
There are several ways you can stop direct marketing communications from us:
- Click the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email communication that we send you. We will then stop any further emails.
- If you have an account, log in into your account, visit the ‘My Account’ area and change your preferences.
- Write to us at Ceffyl a Charn Cyf Fferm Y Ddol Dinbych LL16 5HF
- Contacting the Regulator
If you feel that your data has not been handled correctly, or you are unhappy with our response to any requests you have made to us regarding the use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
If you live outside of the UK
For all non-UK customers
By purchasing our products and thereby providing your personal data to us, you expressly consent to the processing of your personal data by us or on our behalf. Of course, you still have the right to ask us not to process your data in certain ways, and if you do so, we will respect your wishes.
Sometimes we’ll need to transfer your personal data between countries to enable us to supply the goods or services you’ve requested. In the ordinary course of business, we may transfer your personal data from your country of residence to ourselves and to third parties located in the UK.
By dealing with us, you are giving your consent to this overseas use, transfer and disclosure of your personal data outside your country of residence for our ordinary business purposes.
This may occur because our information technology storage facilities and servers are located outside your country of residence, and could include storage of your personal data on servers in the UK.
We’ll ensure that reasonable steps are taken to prevent third parties outside your country of residence using your personal data in any way that’s not set out in this Privacy Notice.
We’ll also make sure we adequately protect the confidentiality and privacy of your personal data.